11 August 2014
"Inspired both by the age-old practice of releasing a message in a bottle adrift into the sea and the many digital platforms (Omegle.com, Chatroulette.com, etc.) that connect random visitors through chat, P.O. Box 667 seeks participants from around the globe for an informal offline networking experiment and mail art forwarding project. The project invites participants to create and send it mail art in any and all forms: among them, letters, postcards, drawings, stories, scribbles, observations, and provocations. Each piece received is shared with a different random co-participant in the project. Participate by preparing an envelope or postcard for a stranger and mailing it to:
P.O. Box 667
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Once your piece is received at P.O. Box 667, it will be forwarded on to someone new. In return, you’ll be sent a random piece also received at P.O. Box 667 — all for free. If you’d like, write back directly to the person whose art you received and continue the conversation or art exchange!
Please be sure include a return address on the face of your envelope so that a piece received from someone else can be properly addressed to you. For all questions, please write Anthony Albright, project organizer, at email@example.com."
Thanks for your help. Really looking forward to getting this project started and seeing where it goes.
10 August 2014
The City and the Library of Roncello (MB) on the occasion of the sixtieth anniversary of the death of the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo invite artists from all over the world, to participate in the upcoming mail art exhibition:
FRIDA KAHLO, A WOMAN IN THE FUTURE
Everyone is welcome to participate in this project..
- Free medium, all techniques - artworks should be original, and should not be photocopy or reproduction.
- No return, no jury, no selection
- Racist, fanatic or pornographic artworks will not be exhibited
- Vernissage: Dec. 6th 2014 at 4 p.m. – Municipality of Roncello (MB) , Piazzale Don Carlo Gnocchi, 1 –
- The exhibition will be open from December 6th, 2014 to 1st February, 2015
- Visuals of the artworks will be published at http://............................................
- Artworks will remain in the municipality archives. Curator of the project: Margherita Magnaguagno.
- Deadline: November 30, 2014
- Artworks should be sent by mail to the following address:
Progetto Mail-art “Frida Kahlo, una donna nel futuro”
c/o Comune di Roncello
Piazzale Don Carlo Gnocchi, 1
20877 Roncello MB
Graham Greene 110
Invitation to participation in mail-art project
We would like to dedicate the project "SPY" to the personality and creative work of a famous British writer, who made a significant contribution to the world literature; whose books inspired 42 screen versions; whose heritage includes 26 novels, 4 travel books, a book of poems, 4 autobiographies, 8 plays, 6 collections of short stories, 4 children’s books. This writer is Graham Greene. 2 of October 2014 is his 110th birthday anniversary.
Thus within this project we propose to develop in your artworks the theme of espionage – real and fictional, reflected in mass media, spy fiction, films and TV series. Famous personages, real secret agents, famous spy plot lines, scandals, breaking news, connected with this theme, can also be the source of inspiration.
We hope this theme to be thought-provoking and interesting.
"SPY" is an independent project organized by:
Alexander Limarev, mail-art project coordinator.
Anna Tsepkova, Associate Professor of the English Language Department, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University (NSPU); head of the literary club “Enjoy Literature”, The Faculty of Foreign Languages, (NSPU).
The exhibitions will take place in Siberia in 2014.
The exhibitions of artworks will be hosted by:
· The Faculty of Foreign Languages, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University (2 October 2014) as part of the events dedicated to Graham Greene’s 110 birthday anniversary;
· The English Language Center in Novosibirsk (Department of International Relations and Literature in Foreign Languages, Novosibirsk State Regional Scientific Library) as part of the project “Graham Greene: The Man Within” (December, 2014).
Besides, all works will be publicised on the blog: http://grahamgreene110.blogspot.ru/
Documentation of participation including certificates, a catalogue and a participant list will be sent to all participants after the exhibition in pdf format.
Printed documentation will be available depending on the sponsors.
All participants will receive links to online documentation and exhibition archive.
Everyone is welcome to take part in the project.
Technique: free (photography, painting, drawing, etching, collage, mail art boxes, artistamps, rubber stamps, mixed techniques, 3D objects etc).
No organic materials, such as food, plants, etc.
On the back of the work, please write: the title of your work, your full name, country, postal address, e-mail. Please sign your works in clear handwriting.
No jury, no fee, no sale, no return.
Deadline: the works are to be received by November 30, 2014.
Please send your works to the following address:
Project organizer and curator
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this call for participation with your friends and colleagues.