1 May 2017

Turning 50 - USA


Monday Morning Mail Art Call: Guess Who’s Turning 50?

Turning 50 is a BIG DEAL!
It requires living 10 decades.
That’s half a century!
So, yeah, turning fifty is a BIG DEAL.
We’ve all heard the horror stories of the Fear of Fifty… but I refuse to buy into them.
Because I believe age IS just a number and birthdays should ALWAYS be celebrated, I am determined to own this one with as much JOY and CREATIVITY as I can possibly muster.

The joy of cake and ice cream when you’re six and wearing polka dots!
That’s where YOU come in…
LYNN TURNS 50! Mail Art Call
I am shamelessly and joyfully requesting that you help me celebrate by sending birthday greetings my way in time for the big day.
What to send: A handmade postcard (4×6 inches) to celebrate my 50th Birthday. There is no restriction as to medium, or technique, but I hope you might be inspired by some of my favorite things: color, polka dots, Seth Apter, rust, nature, Maxfield Parrish, surrealism, dada, Marcel Duchamp, collage, Kurt Schwitters, fiber art, books, mixed-media, found objects, assemblages, Joseph Cornell, music, pop art, Andy Warhol, vintage bits, flea market finds, mail art, Ray Johnson, stamps and vintage postage, dark chocolate, coffee, poetry, boho, industrial, shabby chic, trashpo, ephemera, hand lettering, the 1970’s, intuitive art. Just to name a few! 😀
No jury, no returns.


Deadline: June 10, 2017

Send to: Lynn Radford – The Studio at Piney Creek Acres                                            
107 Marigold Lane – New Brighton, PA 15066 USA

Note: All pieces received will be featured in a future blog post commemorating the occasion. They may also be documented via Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/lkradford95/
My sincere thanks, in advance, for helping me to celebrate this monumental birthday!
Happy Trash to you, until we meet again!

No comments:

.